The purpose of this document is to train ‘Company Users’ how to assign a Virtual Warehouse ‘VW’ to an ASN. When a shipment is received the quantity will be applied to a VW. If a VW is not selected, product will be unallocated, and inventory will not be available for sale for Order Sources like ‘Shopify’. The entirety of the ASN will be allocated to the “Default Virtual Warehouse”. To gain more granular control over VW allocation on an ASN, you can use the “ASN Virtual Warehouse” tab on this same screen.
These instructions will be followed by ‘Company Users’ within ShipCaddie TWMS
- It is the ‘Company Users’ responsibility to assign a default VW on ASNs.
- ShipCaddie TWMS Implementations Team will establish, implement and maintain this procedure documentation.
- Navigate to the left side of the ShipCaddie TWMS screen. Select ‘Inventory’ then ‘View ASN’
- Choose the ASN number that you are working on.
- Once the ASN screen opens you will see a ‘Default Virtual Warehouse’ dropdown, towards the bottom of the screen. (Figure 1)
- Choose a VW from the dropdown.