The purpose of this document is to train ‘Company Users’ how to import ASNs. ASN stands for ‘Advanced Shipment Notice’. When a company imports an ASN, that gives the warehouse a heads-up as to when they will need to receive a shipment, and what the shipment will contain.
The Importing ASN procedure will be followed by ‘Company Users’ within the ShipCaddie TWMS system.
- The Company user is responsible for Importing ASNs.
- ShipCaddie TWMS Implementations Team will establish, implement and maintain this procedure documentation.
Video tutorial of this process can be found here. Video Tutorial
IMPORTING AN ASN
- Navigate to the left side of the ShipCaddie TWMS screen. Select ‘Inventory’ and then ‘Import ASN’.
- You will see an option to download an ASN template, by clicking ‘here’ hyperlink. See Figure 1
3. The ASN template has red lined boxes on all the required fields. See Figure 2
4. Once you have filled out the ASN template, save it to your computer.
5. Go back to the ‘Import ASN’ screen and upload the ASN
6. The ASN will appear on the ASN calendar for the warehouse to see.
7. It is good practice to Import your ASNs at least 2 days before the shipment will arrive at the warehouse.