The browser local storage is meant to store relevant data about the user's usage of a website. Data like the user's authentication with ShipCaddie is stored in local storage. However, the data in local storage may expire or become corrupted after time. This can lead to difficult to diagnose errors and other issues. As a result, one of the first troubleshooting steps Support Technicians will take is to clear the local storage.
Clearing the local storage allows ShipCaddie to refresh the values that are stored in local storage. Follow the subsequent steps to clear local storage:
- Log into ShipCaddie (if not done already)
- In the upper right hand corner, click on the dropdown below the username:
- Next, click on the "My Profile" option in the dropdown
- In the "My Profile" screen, click on the "Reset" button below the "Local Storage" Section
- Then, log out and log back into ShipCaddie to ensure local storage has the most up-to-date values