One of the many ways to connect in orders to ShipCaddie is via ODBC.
To use ODBC, you will need to do the following:
- Read the attached "ODBC Instructions"
- Download ShipCaddie Direct from Settings < Printer Setup
- Set up your database on the machine/computer you will be connecting
- Create the ShipCaddie ODBC map, called "ODBC.json" (see attached example and blank file)
- Paste your map in ShipCaddie-Direct < Settings < Config files as "odbc.json"
- With ShipCaddie open, "Reconnect" ShipCaddie-Direct
- Look for the Windows notifications that confirm a successful connection.
- Test it!
NOTE: ShipCaddie-Direct taps into your own database connection to access your selected order data. Therefore, we are architecture and driver agnostic and can work with both 32 bit or 64-bit architecture.
For further questions, contact your database administrator or contact ShipCaddie Support.